I’m sure you’re on vacation or it’s already ended a few weeks ago and you’re considering going back to the gym, right? If you are one of those who is already thinking about losing the “little pounds” that you have gained during the endless summer dinners, you have come to the perfect place to know how to get with the training that everyone is already doing. September is just around the corner and you have to start preparing for at least Christmas. Yes, I know it is still far away, but as my grandmother used to say, we are already eating the rolls and preparing the Christmas Eve menu.
Many believe that weight loss is achieved by doing endless cardio routines, but no. Weight loss also requires cardio, a workout to tone all the muscles of the body. With the training we bring you today you will be on the line. In addition, it is important to remember to follow a good diet. Running a lot and eating little is NOT our philosophy.
What do coaches say about training?
Betting on a new form of training, I am sure you’ve heard it, HIT training or high-intensity interval training has become very fashionable among the loyal followers of the fitness world, The ideal is to intersperse exercises in which we sweat and exercise strength or free weight. With this training, we achieve more in less time. That is, we will do any exercise but with a high intensity in a shorter period of time. In addition, it has been proven that it not only helps weight loss, but it also helps to decrease diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
So, what can I do to lose weight?
Experts recommend introducing these exercises in the new training routine to lose everything you gained in the summer. Of course, remember that being in HIT training, each exercise must be performed at the highest intensity, whenever we are jumping or running. Perform 5 rounds of these 5 exercises for 30 seconds each and leave 10 seconds to rest between one and the other:
- The angel jump: with this you will warmup to perform all the following exercises. Legs and arms open and jump, jump, jump! (20 jumps for 4 repetitions).
- The typical push-ups: you will gain resistance, strengthen and tone the muscles of the arms, shoulders and back. (Start with 8 push-ups for 4 repetitions, do not worry … you’ll be doing more).
- The jump rope: If you do not have rope, do not worry you can make the jump on the site. It is an excellent aerobic exercise, also improves our breathing and eliminates stress. All elite athletes do it, will it be for something? (150 jumps for 4 repetitions).
- Strides: it seems easy but doing it correctly will take us a few days. Advance one of your legs and with the straight back bend the knee of the leg that you leave behind without getting to touch the ground. (20 strides for 4 repetitions). For this exercise you can take two light weight dumbbells.
- Squats: Do you want a nice butt? You will get one with this exercise. Straight back, knees to the front and low to appear seated. (20 squats for 4 repetitions).
- To all of this, we add about 20-30 minutes of cardio. I’ll let you choose between bike, tape or paddle. Interlace the intensity during the chosen time “LOW-HIGH”.
This would be your combination of times: 5 minutes of pre-heating / 30 seconds per exercise / 10 seconds of rest between each exercise / 20 minutes of cardio.
This is just the beginning, we can make it more complicated by asking our coach for a program adapted to our own needs. What are you waiting for? Come on!
Do I have to change my diet?
To achieve your goal, the important thing is to follow guidelines directed by a nutritionist and a good training suitable for the goal. It is enough to always eat the same thing at all hours or to follow the diet of your cousin. Each body is unique. Ask our professional and share your goals. Together you can prepare your new recipes. Are you ready for the change?
*Content validated by the mediQuo medical team.